Minneapolis-St. Paul Lawyers Defending Those Accused of Domestic Assault
The biggest mistake you can make after being arrested for domestic assault is to plead guilty without first speaking to an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Do not underestimate the seriousness of a domestic assault charge. The consequences for conviction can be life-altering and permanent.
In addition to incarceration and fines, you will experience significant collateral consequences if you plead guilty or are convicted of domestic assault:
- You will be prohibited from owning or possessing a fire arm or ammunition. You won’t be able to hunt.
- You won’t be able to volunteer in your child’s school, scout troop or sporting team.
- You may not be able to rent an apartment or move into a housing development.
- You will find it more difficult to obtain or keep a job.
- You won’t be able to serve in the military or other professions requiring the use of a fire arm.
- You will not be treated equally in child custody decisions in family court.
Do Not Plead Guilty Without Talking to an Arrested MN Attorney: Call 612.339.5844
If you have been charged with domestic assault, it is essential that you discuss your situation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. An Arrested MN attorney is available to speak with you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our violent crimes defense lawyers are experienced in Minnesota law regarding domestic assault.
- We participate in domestic abuse forums to help reduce the incidence of domestic abuse.
- We have written information about domestic assault that is included in handbooks that judges and law enforcement use for guidance.
- We are well versed in the prosecution and process of domestic assault cases.
- We have a record of success defending clients charged with domestic assault.
Unfairly Targeting the Accused
Domestic assault and battery are significant problems in our society. However, that does not mean that everyone accused of domestic assault is guilty. In fact, in their effort to protect legitimate victims of domestic assault, police and prosecutors may unfairly target an accused abuser.
False charges or exaggerated charges are common in domestic abuse cases. Yet, investigation of these cases is often far from neutral. Police may assume that the male is guilty of domestic assault before they even arrive at the scene. Prosecutors may continue to follow this unfounded assumption.
Our criminal defense attorneys have exposed in court the government’s tendency to target men unfairly in domestic assault investigations. If you have been accused, do not put your future at risk. Contact Arrested MN for help. Our attorneys represent clients charged with domestic assault in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and throughout Minnesota.