You Need An Experienced Litigator. You Need Ryan Pacyga Criminal Defense
Maggie Samec Esq.
Location : St. Paul, MN
I work hard to defend and protect my client's rights and take seriously my role as legal counselor to listen, educate, inform, and advise. I have a unique perspective after prosecuting adult felonies for well over a decade. I know what is needed to effectively prosecute a case and can find holes in the government's case to fight for you.
Whether it makes sense to fight to keep out evidence or dismiss charges, take a case to trial, get the best deal, advocate at sentencing, or a combination thereof, I work hard to get the best outcome for my clients.
For more than 20 years, my practice of law has been about helping people. I became a lawyer to be a voice for those who need an advocate in our legal system, starting with asylum/deportation defense as a student attorney. I moved into the practice of family law, then into child protection and civil matters, and finally found my home in criminal law. I prosecuted adult felonies for over thirteen years. Prior to joining Ryan Pacyga Criminal Defense, I was a public defender and fell in love all over again with the Constitution. Protecting your Constitutional rights is of utmost importance in seeking a more just criminal justice system.
- Minnesota, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2003
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor - 1999
- Honors: Student Director, 3L, Immigration Law Clinic
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minnesota
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1995
- Honors: Waller Scholarship
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Sociology
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Defense Services, Inc., Board Member, 2011 to 2022
Pro Bono Activities
- Tamarack Nature Center, Volunteer, 2019 to Present
- Minnesota Board of Public Defense, Assistant Public Defender, April 2022 – October 2022
- Ramsey County Attorney’s Office, Assistant Ramsey County Attorney, Adult prosecution trial attorney, 2009 – March 2022
- Ramsey County Attorney’s Office, Assistant Ramsey County Attorney, Child protection attorney and civil division litigator, 2007 – 2009
- Ramsey County Attorney’s Office, Special Assistant Ramsey County Attorney, Child protection attorney and civil division litigator, 2003 – 2007
- Solo Practitioner, Family Law, September 2001 – November 2006
- Criminal Defense