Defending Against Assault Charges
Arrested MN’s violent crimes defense team will explore all possible defenses to the assault charge, including:
- Self defense: You have the right to defend yourself if another person is pushing you, throwing punches or otherwise threatening you with physical harm.
- Defense of another: Were you protecting another person when the alleged assault occurred?
- Lack of intent: The prosecution must show that you intended to harm someone or cause fear of immediate bodily harm. We may be able to show that no such harm was intended.
- Alibi and/or identity: Our private investigator may be able to find evidence that you were not at the scene, and that the police arrested the wrong person.
- Degree of bodily harm: We may seek additional medical exams to verify the actual degree of bodily harm caused by the alleged assault. An accurate assessment of harm can sometimes help minimize the charges our clients face.
Experienced Lawyers Who Get Results
Our knowledge of the law and our success at trial have won us the respect of our legal peers. Our compassion and respect for those we represent and the results we achieve for them have earned us the gratitude of our clients.
To put the strength of our experience to work for you, please call (612) 351-1786 or contact us us by email. We look forward to hearing from you and explaining how we can defend against an assault charge. Arrested MN attorneys represent clients in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, throughout Minnesota and across the nation.
Let Us Protect You Now
Contact Us 24/7