Any attorney who has a law degree and who has passed the bar exam can represent you in Minnesota. However, we believe you should consider other qualities and attributes when hiring a lawyer
- Experience in criminal defense. Seek out a lawyer who dedicates a substantial portion of his or her practice to defending clients charged with criminal offenses.
- We believe it is important that the attorney you hire to represent you have a record of success in cases similar to your own.
- Trial experience and success. The attorney you hire should have the ability to go all the way to trial, even if your case does not ultimately end up in front of a jury. Our reputation for success at trial helps us negotiate attractive plea arrangements for our clients.
- Select a law firm where you are treated as a respected client, not a criminal. It is important to find a lawyer who understands that bad things happen to good people and that anyone can find himself or herself wrongfully accused of a crime.
- Find a lawyer who will take the time to explain the charges against you, the steps in the legal process and how he or she will resolve your problem. Your lawyer should speak to you in plain English, not legal jargon.
- Look for a lawyer who cares about you and sees you as a person, not just as a legal problem to solve. Find someone you connect with and who puts you at ease.