Lawyers Defending First Time DWI Charges Throughout The Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
What You Should Know After A First DWI Arrest
- It can happen to anyone. Our attorneys have represented doctors, lawyers, judges, housewives and members of the clergy. Anyone can be arrested for DUI/DWI.
- It doesn’t mean that you are a bad person or an alcoholic. Today, drunk driving laws are so strict that it is easy to reach a blood alcohol content of 0.08 without realizing it. Depending on your body weight, you can exceed the legal blood alcohol limit with as few three drinks.
- Drunk driving laws are complicated. Potential penalties vary depending on your age, blood alcohol level and driving record.
- There are two concurrent DWI cases. There is a criminal case, and an administrative case, sometimes called the implied consent case, which deals with your driver’s license suspension and other driving-related sanctions, such as a requirement to install an ignition interlock device. Unless your attorney addresses both cases, you can get the criminal case dismissed and still end up with a DWI on your record forever.
- You should hire an attorney right away. You have a limited time to challenge the administrative license revocation. Our lawyers can advise you on the course of action that is most advantageous to you, given the specific facts of your case.
What You Should Know About Arrested MN’s DWI/DUI Defense
- We have an impressive record of success even in challenging cases. Our DWI attorneys regularly take cases to court and have them dismissed. We have been successful helping clients retain the right to drive or minimize the period of license suspension.
- An attorney is available to speak with you immediately. Talking to a lawyer right away can set your mind at ease. We will clearly explain the issues you are facing and describe how we can help. You can speak to an Arrested MN attorney at any hour by calling (612) 351-1786.
- Our DWI attorney trains other lawyers in DWI defense. Attorney Ryan Pacyga focuses his practice exclusively on defense of DWI, criminal vehicular operation and criminal vehicular homicide. He understands the nuances of the law and shares his knowledge with other lawyers by teaching continuing legal education courses on DWI defense.
- We’re here to help. Our lawyers will work to get the criminal charges against you dismissed or reduced and protect your right to drive. In addition, we will refer you to resources that can help you address any non-legal issues that may have led to the arrest. Our goal is to help you improve your life in and out of court.
A first DWI is never a pleasant experience, but it isn’t the end of the world. In fact, it can be a wake-up call to help you get your life back on track and avoid other, more serious problems.
Let Us Protect You Now
Contact Us 24/7